The Student Services Office is open to all students for assistance with academics, career needs, college selection and financial aid.The Student Services also offers counseling for personal and family concerns.
What Kind of assistance does the Guidance Office offer?
The Student Services office provides guidance and help with:
- Individual counseling for academic, personal, and family concerns.
- Educational and career planning.
- New student registration and scheduling.
- Referrals to organizations, sources and people in the community for tutoring, evaluations, counseling, etc.
- Help with crisis situations.
What specific services are available?
Student Services will provide information and help with:
- Course information and scheduling.
- Understanding graduation requirements.
- Academic Progress Reports.
- Student/Parent Informational meetings on topics including: Financial Aid, College Application Process, Freshman Orientation, Senior Year.
- Test administration including: PLAN, PSAT, ACT.
- College and Scholarship Information
How do I, as a student or parent, see a counselor?
Students are assigned a conselor based upon grade.
- Students and parents can talk with Ms. Thrasher (last names beginning L-Z) or Ms. Gaddis (last names beginning A-K) for help with their concerns or needs.
- Students wishing to see a counselor can sign up in the Student Service office.
- Parents wishing to speak or meet with a counselor should call 313.245.3037 to schedule and appointment.
- Counselors are readily accessible in the event of a crisis or emergency.
Harper Woods High School
Harper Woods, MI 48225-1395
Monday - 7:45 am- 3:30 pm
Tuesday - 7:45 am- 3:30 pm
Wednesday - 9:45 am- 3:30 pm
Thursday - 7:45 am- 3:30 pm
Friday - 7:45 am- 3:30 pm
Office Hours: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm